Monday, January 28, 2013

Travel around the world from comfort of your home

Thanks to Online Streaming options, hubby and I traveled all over the world.

First comes FRANCE:

a French funny movie "I do". Totally funny! I loved Alain Chabat's acting. Looking at his face itself, makes you laugh.

Moral: It doesn't matter how much you are fixed on your choices for a life partner but when you fall in love, all it matters is "LOVE" nothing else, you tend to ignore the choices once you meet that special person, the love of your life.


Next foreign movie was: Spanish movie "Biutiful". This movie is just the opposite of Biutiful. I liked the movie and  Javier Bardem's acting. He became one of my favorite actor after seeing Skyfall. This movie is about how humans are selfish - just can't trust anyone, everybody  prioritize their needs/wishes over others - it doesn't matter how much the other human being needs you. This movie is about poor kids growing up in poor environment - unreliable parents. And this kind of parenting continues from generation to generation....worst thing is you cannot pinpoint one person and say it is your fault, because it is society's fault, fate's fault, the selfish world's fault.

Next movie is from Israel - "Strangers". The main characters meet in Berlin, Germany and that made me to believe that it was a German movie and I thought it was a sign...

From Netflix:
At the 2006 World Cup in Germany, Palestinian Rana (Lubna Azabal) and Israeli Eyal (Liron Levo) meet on the Berlin underground and soon fall in love. Taking place over six intense days, this film follows their emotional journey to connect and find happiness together. When Rana is suddenly called back home to Paris, Eyal must quickly decide whether he should continue to pursue the fledgling romance.




I liked this movie a lot and whoever follows me, should know, WHY.
Even in this movie, the strangers can get together even though they are strangers unlike my story. Do you know what song I'm hearing right now that too over and over - There is always something there to remind me. This movie proved that if a guy is in love and that too with a stranger, he will still find a way to reach her, to convince her that what they have is something unique and pure, and will be ready to unconditionally sacrifice his life to be with her. One more thing, it emphasized is, when guys fall truly, they persuade, they won't give up. PERSUASION is the key. Well, look at my friend, steward, just gave up, did not bother. I sometimes wonder - what would have happened if I went to the galley. I would have known about him much more than what I know now, but then I would have not known, whether he would have persuaded the June 7th 2011 moments with me. Now, I know the truth.



And the next foreign move is from Denmark "After the wedding".
It was Denmark's entry for Best Foreign Language Film at the 2007 Academy Awards. It is about doing something "right" - not for you, but for someone you love truly. It shows an affectionate husband and a true father who loves his family more than anything in the world, who is ready to throw his money to keep his family safe after his untimely death. Well, how does he do that. That's the mystery.


Denmark is totally beautiful - surprised with greenery, sunshine and dark haired people. My eye fell on Christian Tafdrup. He reminded me - my steward - that dark hair, dark eyebrows, the face cut, cheeks..

So I checked Europe map to see where Denmark is. I was totally surprised when I found that it borders North Germany. I was like...is it possible that he is Danish. But then I did research on German people and found out that South Germans usually have dark brown hair with dark eyebrows. The norther you travel, the blonder the hair becomes. 




Let us go to Canada..Oh sure! how? By watching "Take This Waltz". 

OMG! This movie will make you think, make you raise questions, will make you want to know the answers. This movie is a glimpse of things which I'm going through. It makes me go through the movie to analyze how life can shift if you take certain decisions, how it is will impact once you get what you want but then will you be satisfied and be happy for rest of your life or was it just a phase, on which you acted and screwed your life.

Moral of the film is the grass always looks greener on the other side, but is it worth leaving the comforting stability of the present in order to get there? Just how far is too far?

The movie pinpoints about the idea of trying to fulfill life’s indefinable and obscure gaps, questions morality and fidelity and shows how people can become confused and tempted by newness even when they seemingly already have everything they wanted.

In one of the scenes, they show contrast between young and old nude bodies discussing about how  “new things become old” — words that expertly resonate within Margot, the main character’s love triangle.

This quote is totally for me - “Life has a gap in it,” says main character's Sister-in-law-  “…it just does. You don’t go crazy trying to fill it like some lunatic.” 

Even though, the female character is a married woman, she gets involved with this handsome young guy, irresistibly attracted and on top of the that, fate makes them to re-enter in each other's life from time to time. This movie totally made me sad - to see her turmoil, indecisiveness, to be in a stage where she is married, but she is totally in love with this guy and he is like so into her - truly, madly and deeply. At one stage of the movie, they agree to meet each other after thirty years as by that time, she will be done with marriage. There was a time, when she had to make decision of choosing him or the Husband, she chooses Husband so the lover drops a card   which says Where and When, they will meet each other in future. My heart broke seeing their separation. That's the end of the movie, oh well, that's what I thought, but the director twisted, prolonged in such a manner which makes you ponder with question - is these all worth at the end - emotions/chase/betrayal/heart-breaks/emptiness/anxious moments? We may just age, time may just pass, new things get old,  at the end, we may need to live with emptiness.

What I'm going through related to steward is totally waste.....I know that, but can't change a thing. This movie is a reminder that nothing lasts forever, nothing shines forever, things change as time passes and become old and boring. You can't keep on chasing whatever comes on your way.

But then I see, these kind of tweets from TheLoveAid:

I want someone who understands me even when no words are spoken.
One day all of the pieces will come together. You will understand why you went through everything you did.
Never chase love, affection or attention. If it isn't given freely by another person, it isn't worth having.
If you hold too tight to the past your arms won't be able to open to the future.
One of the biggest mistakes you can make is walking away from someone who actually stood there and waited for you.
Letting go isn't giving up. It's accepting that some things aren't meant to be.
You can never make the same mistake twice. The second time you make it, it’s no longer a mistake, it’s a choice.
You may can look in the mirror and see flaws, but there is someone who can look at you and only see beauty.
If someone wants you, nothing will keep them away, but if they don't want you, nothing will make them stay.
If someone wants to be a part of your life they will make an effort. You will never have to question it.
The best feelings are those that have no words to describe them.

No comments:

Post a Comment