Friday, December 17, 2010

The Gift Of Giving Season!

Joyous season all over. Just returned from my kids school. They had a Christmas party. Everyday exchanged gifts by playing this game, children have to pass gifts left and right with increasing speed based on listening to a story. Had all children sit in a circle and each one had a book to begin the game with. As the story is read aloud, the kids must pass their gifts to the left each time they hear the word "left," and to the right each time they hear the word "right." When the story is complete, each kid can open the present he/she has in front of them.

Everybody wishing everybody "Merry Christmas & Happy New Year" at the end.  Took lot of group pictures. Had such a merry time. Smiles and hugs everywhere.

If I had a whopping money, I would've given to all the teachers including the cafteria person to office related clerks to Traffic controllers. Giving is such a joy especially who don't expect from anyone. Their happiness, surprise look on their face gives you such a joy which cannot be equivalent to anything. It is just awesome moment to cherish.

All this festive mood making me, miss J. If we were kind of linked to eachother, he would've tweeted something like an arbitrary wish. Thats when you feel the magic, the belonging. But the reality is NONE! Whenever my heart soars with happiness, whenever I see togetherness, I miss him. Its like the whole world is existing and having merry time along with me but he is not there, not participating :-( And that dampens my mood. I'm so stupid!

Anyway remember, it's hard to believe but mark my words  joy comes from giving rather than accepting/taking gifts from others.

This hindi song is coming to my mind....

Uthe sab ke kadam dekho rum pum pum
Aji aise geet gaya karo
(Sing a song for everyone to dance)

Kabhi khushi kabhi gham
(Joys and sorrows are part of life)

Ta ra rum pum pum
Hanso aur hansayaa karo
(so smile and make others smile)

La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la

No comments:

Post a Comment